What is Thermography
Thermography is a Non-invasive immediate visualization of your animal.
- Thermography tells you where your horse/dog hurts Kayla using Meditherm Infrared Camera.
- The various vivid colors shows where there is inflammation or decreased blood flow in the body.
- This will provide you the opportunity to know if your horse/dog can continue with its current exercise pace.
- Shows you when an injury and its inflammatory processes are complete and the horse/dog is ready to return to work
- It can give you updates every 3 or 4 weeks about the repair of your horse/dog’s injury
- Shows you if your animal is about to become more injured, or injured again in a delicate or previously injured area (especially in ligaments and tendons below the knees and hocks)
- Confirms for you your intuitive & gut thoughts about this animal
- Tells you where the pressure of your saddle may be hurting your horse and adding to his saddling responses
- Shows you if there is an impingement of the nerve supply to the distal limbs
- Help explain the crankiness, tripping, pinning ears, and every other expression of pain that a horse/dog can give to a human
- What it can do for the Veterinarian Show images of the upper limbs – shoulders, stifles and hips
- Shows images of the axial skeleton – thoracic, lumbar & sacral spine
- Shows images of the tendon and ligament areas of the horse/dog – this assists with the owner’s decisions to continue with x-ray or ultrasound images.
- Shows muscle and tendon issues of the hamstrings, quads, and adductor muscles, and their tendon attachments
Thermal Imaging Application & Benefits
Preparing Your Pet For Thermal Imaging
The horse should equilibrate with ambient conditions for sufficient time to approximate a steady state. The equilibration period should be at least 10-15 minutes. During the equilibration period the horse should remain uncovered with rugs and bandages removed.
The horse owner / trainer may be provided with instructions intended to reduce the likelihood of artifacts or inconclusive thermography.